I love a good tan. But when my dermatologist starting cutting spots out of my skin, I decided my days of baking in the sun or going to tanning beds were done! So what’s a girl to do when it’s shorts weather and her legs are a blinding shade of white? Turn to sunless tanning, that’s what 🙂
Over the years, I’ve tried a number of sunless tanners but always go back to Faux Tan by bareMinerals. Recently, however, I tried this new Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun and it’s FANTASTIC!
|Jergens Instant Sun – Deep Bronze|
What’s so great about this sunless tanner?
- For starters, the price! It retails for around $12. While it’s a little more pricey than other formulas from the drugstore, it’s a whole lot cheaper than Faux Tan from bareMinerals and other high-end formulas.
- Foam formula blends easily onto skin.
- Dries fairly quickly (not 60 seconds like it says on the bottle but within 20-30 minutes). Once dry, there is very little transfer to clothes or sheets.
- Guide color of the foam gives skin an immediate dose of color and helps ensure even distribution of the product so you don’t end up with streaks later.
|Jergens Instant Sun has a great “guide” color!|
- Provides a long lasting tan – looks great for 4-5 days without reapplying.
- Wears off evenly….no crocodile looking skin 😉
- Light, clean scent (don’t worry, it’s not that typical offensive sunless tanner smell and I find it does fade completely after about 2 hours)
- Available in 2 shades ~ Light Bronze and Deep Bronze
- Although this is not a “green-based” tan, it does not look orange on me at all. Those with fairer skintones might want to test it on a small patch of skin before applying all over just to be sure.
Tips for successful application:
- Exfoliate skin really well before applying
- Apply a light weight moisturizer to skin first before applying sunless tanner. St. Ives spray lotion is perfect for this. It’s quick to apply and soaks into the skin almost immediately.
- Use a tanning mitt to apply sunless tanner (several brands make these tanning mitts…I usually buy mine at Ulta or Sephora)
- Wait as long as possible before dressing. I like to put on a swimsuit coverup while doing my makeup and hair to allow the sunless tanner extra drying time.
- Wear loose fitting clothes or a tank and shorts on the day you are tanning to help the tan to develop undisturbed.
- Try to avoid splashing water or getting arms/legs wet for at least 4 hours.
- Apply 2-3 days in a row to achieve the desired amount of color (after just 2 applications of the Deep Bronze shade, I have a very nice, deep tan).
Hopefully that was helpful and encourages you to give sunless tanning a try!
Happy Tanning 🙂