It’s that time again for another round of favorite NEW products! Some of these products were new to the market and others were just new to me. I know this blog is a little late, but there were a number of last minute products that entered my “testing lab” in December and I needed ample time to see if any would become favorites. Now that I’ve finally narrowed down the list, let’s get to it!
- Lorac PRO Matte Lip Color – Pink Taupe – Super pigmented, comfortable matte formula with a delicious vanilla scent. Color is a cool toned, pinky nude.
- Nars Audacious Lipstick – Anita – Extremely pigmented, emollient formula with a satin finish and no discernible scent. Color is a warm, rosy nude. This is one of those “splurge products” so I’d recommend waiting for Sephora’s 20% off VIB sale :-).
- Nars Lipgloss – Limited Edition Shade Soleil D’Orient – Opaque , non-sticky formula that has great lasting power and is not scented. Color is a beautiful, shimmery gold that looks great alone or layered over any lipstick color. Available now only on Nars Website.
- MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick – Can’t Get Enough – Moisturizing, sheer formula with a glossy finish and delicious vanilla scent. Color is a warm, brown nude.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Color – The Buffs Collection – Nude Lust – Highly pigmented lipstick with a satin finish and a slight “lipstick” scent. Color is the perfect peachy nude.
This was the first time I’d tried the Photo Op formula and I am super impressed! Great pigmentation and blendability with little fall out and the color lasts all day. The colors of this sleek, travel friendly palette are so beautiful and come together to create a multitude of day or evening looks.
A neutral but beautiful eyeshadow palette with a good mix of shimmer, matte and sparkly shadows. Pigmentation is good and there’s very little fallout. Normally, I’m not a sucker for beautiful packaging but I must say the rose-gold packaging on this palette kind of sealed the deal for me 😉
A fantastic drugstore eyeshadow primer that retails for less than $5! It works well on its own, providing just a slight skin tone tint, but I especially love it mixed with a little MAC Soft Ochre or Painterly Paint Pot to even out the skin tone on my eyelids and cover any noticeable veins.
The best drugstore clear brow gel that I’ve tried, hands down! Helps tame unruly brows and holds them in place without making them hard and crunchy. Brush comes out of the tube with just the right amount of product….no need to wipe off clumps of product before applying to the brows.
- Limited Edition Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Palette (No longer available) – Great array of colors; amazing, long-lasting pigmentation; 4 matte shades and 1 shimmery shade. Before you tar and feather me for raving about a product that is no longer available, Tarte usually puts together a blush palette for the Christmas holiday season. You can also buy Tarte blushes individually, but at $26 each, the palette is going to give you the most “bang for your buck”. So be on the lookout!
- Bahama Mama Bronzer by TheBalm Cosmetics – Matte, cool-toned medium brown that blends beautifully and is perfect for contouring the face. Also can be used as an eyeshadow.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector – Opal – A splurge product for sure but has a super smooth, almost creamy consistency that provides a beautiful glow when used to highlight various parts of the face. Color is like a shimmering golden pearl.
- Mally’s Evercolor Poreless Face Defender – Unique in every way, this clear, silicon product mattifies the skin without the look of powder. This is my favorite “touch-up product” to mattify any shine on my face throughout the day.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation – Before trying this, no other powder foundation came close to matching the results I get with bareMinerals foundation. Not only does it provide medium to full coverage but it does not require a primer or a setting powder (i.e., Mineral Veil) which I find is a must with the bareMinerals foundation. It’s moisturizing and has more of a satin finish…great for those with combo or dry skin, as well as those with more mature skin. This does not have sunscreen though so be sure to add that somewhere else in your beauty routine. *Note: It’s recommended to use this with the special Airbuki Powder Foundation brush but I actually prefer using the kabuki brush I already owned from Sedona Lace.
- Silica Powder Spheres from Coastal Scents – Work great as a setting powder for my undereye concealer. Prevents concealer from creasing but doesn’t emphasize the lines under my eyes. Look for this on Coastal Scents website under the “Make Your Own” tab. This sample size was less than $1 and was enough to fill this cute little clear jar ($.69 – also sold by Coastal Scents) more than 2 times.
- Makeup Geek Blush – Spellbound – Smooth, talc-free formula with great color payoff. Color is the perfect neutral toned pink…not too cool or too warm. Available on the Makeup Geek Website.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Trio (no longer available) – Beautiful, sheer-cream liquid shimmer in three shades: Pearl (white), Moonstone (yellow pearl) and Opal (rosy golden pearl). Melts into the skin and provides a luminous glow without any trace of glitter. While this trio is no longer available (another limited edition holiday set), these are available to purchase individually in full-size bottles.
I love using this oil as my morning moisturizer! It absorbs really fast and provides just the right amount of moisture for my combo skin. Marula oil is rich in proteins and omega fatty acids, and reportedly words wonders on dry, chapped skin, reducing skin redness, scars and fine lines.
Near the end of summer, Starbucks came out with 3 new options for the Iced Coffee lovers. Available in Unsweetened, Lightly Sweetened or Caramel. It has a bold, non-bitter taste and allows you to “personalize it” by adding cream, milk, flavor syrup, etc. This became a staple in my refrigerator during the warm, late-summer, early-fall months for those mornings when I was running really behind or for when I needed an afternoon pick-me-up 🙂
Oh my, are these delicious! The slight tartness of the cranberries is the perfect match with the sweet, greek yogurt coating. YUM!
I have always loved black olives. But I could not make myself like green olives (unless they were stuffed with garlic cloves and marinated in chardonnay:-). However, my interest in green olives was suddenly peaked when I read this on the can: “Miles away from the tart “martini” olives, these freckled beauties have a smooth, buttery flavor – and no preservatives”. There is no better way to say it….these green olives are buttery and rich and more delicious (dare I say it?) than black olives!
When I heard the commercial about Cascade Platinum Actionpacs removing hard water stains and making dishes sparkle like new, I was skeptical. But, after my dishes had been put through 2-3 cycles through the dishwasher, the hard water stains were completely gone! Months later, my dishes are still coming out clean and sparkly….no going back to my old detergent!
Not only is this body cream made from 100% pure, natural ingredients but the formula just melts into your skin, providing long lasting hydration and gives your skin the most beautiful glow! In fact, it makes my pasty-white winter skin look healthy and beautiful! 🙂 The Vanilla Bean scent is a really light scent so if you don’t like super sweet products, you’ll like that. Of course, you all know how much I LOVE coconut scented products so once I finished Vanilla Bean, I had to order the Coconut and it smells delicious!
Modbod Basic Long Sleeve Scoop Winter White Shirt – favorite shirts for layering under sweaters and jackets.
Steinmart – pale pink long cardigan sweater
Old Navy The Rockstar Mid-Rise Skinny Jeans – don’t worry, these skinny jeans look and feel amazing, even if you have “non-skinny jean legs” like me! Sizing can vary slightly depending on the color so I’d recommend trying them on before purchasing. Thanks to my dear friend, Laura, for convincing me to try these! 🙂
Tommy Hilfiger Riding Boots or Aerosoles Plush Lily Wedge Sandals, depending on the weather
Pier 1 Imports – Animal print ruffle scarf (who knew they sold scarves?)
Designs by Sharalee Jewelry 🙂
Whew, we made it! Hopefully this information was helpful to you and gave you some ideas of new things to try! If you missed any of my previous favorites posts, I’ll link them below. Thanks for reading and I’ll be back soon with a Quick Tip Tuesday and reviews of new products. Have a lovely day!