Some time ago, I was trying to figure out something new for dinner. Since, my husband and I typically eat huge meals in the evenings, I knew it needed to be something light but filling. I had a hankering for something with strawberries and all of the sudden the idea of a fruit burrito came to mind.
As I pondered what all to put in the burrito, I decided Marscapone cheese should be in there (even though I'd never actually tried it before ;-). I also thought Yogurt could be kind of like a "sauce" to help bring everything together. Then I needed a fruit combination...my two favorite combos are strawberries, mandarin oranges and bananas; or strawberries, blueberries and bananas. Finally, I decided a little "crunch" wouldn't hurt so I added some French Vanilla Granola and wrapped it all in a giant flour tortilla. Not only is this delicious but it's very filling and satisfying too!
This is one of those meals that would be perfect any time of day, especially when
you don't want to have to heat up the kitchen by turning on the stove
or the oven. Hope you enjoy this recipe! :-)
Fruit and Yogurt Burrito Recipe
Vanilla Yogurt (Greek or Regular)
Fresh Strawberries, sliced
Fresh Blueberries or Canned Mandarin Oranges (drained well)
Granola (French Vanilla Granola is my favorite :-)
Large Burrito Flour Tortilla
*Note: Recommended measurements of each ingredient are listed below in the directions; total amounts needed will be determined by the number of burritos you'll be making.
1. Spread a thin layer of Mascarpone Cheese on one side of a tortilla.
2. Layer bananas, strawberries and mandarin orange slices or blueberries down the center of the burrito.
3. Top with about 1/2 cup of yogurt and sprinkle about 2 Tablespoons of granola on top.
4. Fold over sides of burrito to close.
5. Top with additional 1/4 cup yogurt. Add a few slices of fruit and a sprinkling of granola and you're done!