Thai Chicken Stuffed Muffins
1 - can Big and Flaky Crescent Rolls
1 - 10 oz can Valley Fresh Chicken Breast, drained
1/2 cup - broccoli slaw, coarsely chopped
*1/2 cup - crunchy peanut butter
*2 T - honey
*3 T - fresh squeezed orange juice
*1/2 tsp - minced garlic (if using dehydrated garlic, reconstitute it with a little water first)
*1-3 pinches - cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy you want it to be)
*1 pinch - salt
*2 tsp - Bragg's Liquid Amino's (or soy sauce)
*1 tsp - water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for peanut sauce in a medium size bowl.
- Add chicken and chopped broccoli slaw to peanut sauce; stir to mix.
- Unroll and separate crescent rolls triangles. Press each triangle of dough into the bottom of a muffin tin, allowing the corners of the dough to lay on either side of the muffin tin.
- Fill each muffin with approx. 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Then fold the corners of the dough over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are a golden brown.
- Serve warm. Optional: Garnish with a little broccoli slaw as shown in the picture above
**To reheat leftovers: Heat in oven or toaster oven on 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes. It's not recommended to reheat in the microwave as it will make them a little soggy.
For an easy side dish:
Coarsely chop the remaining broccoli slaw and add feta cheese, dried cranberries, chopped almonds (optional) and a combination of honey mustard dressing and raspberry vinaigrette. Toss together and serve.