A few weeks ago, I decided to do a little experimenting in the kitchen. For some reason, I wanted something with a Thai Peanut sauce so I concocted this recipe and it was a huge hit with my husband. I have made these twice now and both times, my husband and I ate them all over the course of two days. Normally, we are terrible about eating leftovers. But not with these….I reheated the leftovers the next night and we thoroughly enjoyed them again. Serve these with steamed rice or mix up a little broccoli slaw salad (recipe at the end of this post).
1 – can Big and Flaky Crescent Rolls
1 – 10 oz can Valley Fresh Chicken Breast, drained
1/2 cup – broccoli slaw, coarsely chopped
*1/2 cup – crunchy peanut butter
*2 T – honey
*3 T – fresh squeezed orange juice
*1/2 tsp – minced garlic (if using dehydrated garlic, reconstitute it with a little water first)
*1-3 pinches – cayenne pepper (depends on how spicy you want it to be)
*1 pinch – salt
*2 tsp – Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s (or soy sauce)
*1 tsp – water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients for peanut sauce in a medium size bowl.
- Add chicken and chopped broccoli slaw to peanut sauce; stir to mix.
- Unroll and separate crescent rolls triangles. Press each triangle of dough into the bottom of a muffin tin, allowing the corners of the dough to lay on either side of the muffin tin.
- Fill each muffin with approx. 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture. Then fold the corners of the dough over the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are a golden brown.
- Serve warm. Optional: Garnish with a little broccoli slaw as shown in the picture above
Yield: 8 muffins
**To reheat leftovers: Heat in oven or toaster oven on 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes. It’s not recommended to reheat in the microwave as it will make them a little soggy.
For an easy side dish:
Coarsely chop the remaining broccoli slaw and add feta cheese, dried cranberries, chopped almonds (optional) and a combination of honey mustard dressing and raspberry vinaigrette. Toss together and serve.